This exempt position reports to the Community Development Officer. The Technical Writer's responsibilities are to develop written and printed publications that effectively communicate to employees as well as patients and communities for all UHC activities, that includes the use of verbal skills and the development and distributing of various UHC materials for patient view as well as for employees. Is expected to generate written correspondence, calendar events, develop general articles and reports as necessary in the management of the outreach, marketing program, newsletters, and any other written documents as assigned.
- Responsible for the development and contents of articles in the Digest and Newsletter, as well as other printed materials such as brochures and packets including materials for Internet viewing.
- Assists and participates in UHC internal and external events.
- Minimum educational requirement of a BA or BS in English, Journalism, Communication, Marketing, Public Relations, and or related field from an accredited college or university.
- Possess a valid CA drivers license
- Minimum 2 years of experience in journalism, reporting, marketing and/or public relations. Ideally, familiarity with healthcare industry, health issues, and/or community advocacy.
- Strong general and technical writing skills.
- A flexible approach when working in a team environment
- Excellent customer relations experience.
- Ability to speak to small and large audiences with ease.
- Expert computer skills with familiarity with MS Office products, Photoshop, and newsletter design software.
- Flexibility and dependability
- Demonstrated good problem-solving skills; sound judgment
- Effective time management skills and the ability to cope with several projects at a time
- Expert level understanding of modern office practices and procedures including email
- Attention to detail and excellent follow-through on work tasks
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed